7 November 2006

Today...Tuesday, Tuesday, Tuesday!

Yes Tuesday, not quite half way through the week but a little closer than monday.

This Tuesday morning I doubled my swimming volume. 5km of swimming with some good efforts tossed in. We did our usual "Break Point" test. This consists of 7 x 50 at a pace pre-conceived by the coaches. The goal times were a bit on the safe side so I was an average 2 sec faster than the goal times. Stroke rate held even at 29 strokes/50meters and I dropped to a 29sec 50m with 30 stroke rate. This is kind of exciting for me because it shows that I have not lost my efficiency. I am just about where I was during race season. Awesome Possum! Which reminds me,


"Happy Birthday to Neil Harvey!" Neil is the center's Swim Coach. Neil has been coaching swimming since 1978 so he knows what he is talking about and can find things to work on for even the finest stroke. He does remember how to swim in case anyone needs a race. So celebrate, Neil, and I will see you 7:30am tomorrow morning.




Tuesday is my long day of school. Two long 3 hour classes, pretty much in a row. The school day begins at 1:30 and ends at 9:30. Luckily class #2 is quite interesting and it helps to have a friend in it.

Today's Top 5:

Top 5 Music videos of 2006 (thus far and are subject to change without notice):

  1. Cuff the Duke - The Ballad of Poor John Henry (A real Feel good Video)
  2. Ok Go - Here it goes again (wow)
  3. James Blunt - You're Beautiful (Sensitive Side)
  4. The Raconteurs - Steady, As She goes (See also "Hands")
  5. The All-American Rejects - Move along

No comments: