27 June 2012

IRun Article


Why I Am A Triathlete


By: Andrew McCartney

For the past 12 years, triathlon has played a major role in my life.
The sport itself is relatively new with its modern conception taking place in California in 1974.
For me it all started pretty early. I’ve always loved running. I swam competitively from the age of 8 and ran for Victoria Track and Field Club. In the year 2000, triathlon became an Olympic sport, and I went out and bought my first road bike. Triathlon has been for me a series of phenomenal experiences. I have on occasion put together near-perfect races. And I have also had some disappointments and setbacks, from which I have learned so much. As George Sheehan said,
“Life is the great experiment. Each of us is an experiment of one–observer and subject– making choices, living with them, recording the effects.”
In some ways, triathlon is a crazy sport.....       Read On at Irun.ca 

No comments: