22 April 2010

"Each decision we make, each action we take, is born out of an intention" - Sharon Salzberg

Music:

Brian Burton and James Mercer (originally the lead vocalist and guitarist of 'The Shins') came together in 2009 to form 'Broken Bells.' Here is their first single.

Broken Bells - The High Road

So there is some new music, now going back 11 years to this classic by The Tea Party. I have heard some people say they don't like his music but I was reminded of this song recently and you know, it brings out so much emotion. What a voice too.


The Tea Party - Heaven Coming Down

Training:
Back in town I have jumped right into taking care of business. First off, with a number of pokes, prods, twists and cracks Rob Hasegowa put my cuboid back into place. He makes it seem so simple. Now what I need is some time to heal (bruising and what-not) and to loosen up my calf which is either the cause or the effect of the cuboid. (Sort of the Chicken and the egg scenario; which came first?)

Second a visit to the Clinic diagnosed me with a Virus of the Bronchioles giving me random attacks of coughing and asthma like symptoms. This is also now improving. With a prescription I should be able to kick this virus that has been affecting me for the past month or so.

Considering Monterrey ended up being simply a good brick workout I am determined to get training hard. We have been very fortunate to have 3-time Olympian Rick Say on deck picking apart our technique. My Technique has gone rather unchanged for a long time and over this time I have picked up some bad habits. I’m not exactly an old dog, but still learning new tricks is hard. The last number of workouts I have been constantly thinking about how I finish off my stroke. Every so often I mess up and get it wrong. “Good, Good, Good, S***!!, Good, Good”

I am not pleased with how I rode in Monterrey maybe affected by the virus but none the less I am not where I should be with a virus or not. So Since I have been home, I have been logging lots of shammy time and I don’t mean sitting at a coffee shop in my Lycra. Cycling is about time in the saddle and that is what I am doing.

I am still thinking about the weekend way too much but wow, nothing like taking action to bring a smile to your face.

I am off, in keeping with the situation.
Ciao for now,
Andrew

No comments: