14 January 2009

Melting.

Aloha...eh! (Cliche...I know.)

Well with the conclusion of day 2 am am just about toast.
So I arrived late Monday night snuck into the hostel and was quick to sleep. The first day of training was a tough one. Started the day with a 2 hour ride including a 40min uphill stretch which provided a strong effort and stunning views. The descent was fantastic! Curving smooth predictable roads including switch backs and lucious forests. Off the bike I did my second run on the road and my first Brick(bike to run transition) in more than a year. Nice to be back. I felt great. Off to the outdoor pool for a swim which ended up being quite the struggle due to lack of nutrition. I never got the chance to get to the Market so 3 workouts with no more than 2 eggs and some toast really tested me. I got back to the hostel and ate soo much in hopes that I would recover for the following day.
Day two we were up at 5:30 for a swim or in my case 3:30 as my alarm was still on victoria time. 2 hours later we drove to the pool for a 5.5km swim. Had a solid swim recovered from yesterday's nutritional mistake. Shoes on and we went for a run through the sugar cane fields along endless trails. The wind was a very welcomed relief to the heavy sun. So I finished my first hour long run in more than a year and felt great. Now it is fitness. he he. We finished the day with a hour bike ride easy and home for a rest. Adam van Koeverden has joined us here in Maui for some cross training and should make for some good company.
I have been struggling to get used to the heat here but at the end of day two I think I am begining to get used to it. Or maybe that is just the time of day.
Well photographs will be coming soon.
Hello to all in Victoria,
Ciao for now,
Andrew

No comments: