13 August 2008

Time Trial, Send off and Preparation


(Start Line; Taking things way too Seriously)


So it was my first go at the Sidney Time Trial. I had no expectations so I just entered it with a have fun, work hard attitude. I made many position changes to try to find an optimal Aero position, making adjustments continuously leading up to the start. I finally picked the perfect gear to start in, in a time trial! So I was up to speed quickly. I concentrated on an even, smooth, round pedal stroke, relaxed upper body and "Mindfulness"(From my readings) but I will get into that later. So I rode through the first Lap in 12minutes and 13sec. I would finish the second and final loop in 24.39(12.26 split) giving me an average speed of about 45km/h. (4th on the day) Good starting point and looking forward to the next time trial.

At this point I would like to say Best of luck to the guys an gals this weekend competing in Beijing this weekend in the Triathlon and to the Victoria Crew competing at nationals in Kelowna.
Good Luck.
"If we did all the things we are capable of, we would literally astound ourselves. "
~Thomas Edison
As for myself I am heading down to Bellingham for my first go at Cat 3. But more on that later.

Take care and ciao for now,
Andrew McCartney

No comments: