28 February 2008

Hello Flagstaff

So Rooming with Tichelaar here in flagstaff in the Hampton Inn & suites, only a couple blocks away from the great Rout 66. I finally have a chance to update my blog. Training has been brilliant. Bloody hard but brilliant. As it is my first time in altitude I feel every foot. All 7000 of them. But that is what we are here for. Expand our lungs and hurt as much as we can up here so that we hurt less at a lower altitude.

So training hard, recovering harder and enjoying the experience. When I am not training or eating or sleeping I have picked up the guitar again. It is amazing how fast it comes back. I remember tunes I played maybe 4 years ago but I have added to my repertoire. I've got "Wreckless Eric - Whole wide world" down with vocals. But it may be some time till I do it in public. Tears in Heaven by Eric Clapton almost down but not memorized, nor Vocals...soon. "Tracy Chapman - Fast Car" I love this song's acoustic. I really would like to learn the vocals of this better...I could humm it. And a number of other songs. But moral of the story I am re inspired and am ready to learn. Here is my new acoustic I have been saving up for so I would not be caring down an electric to Flag.



Every day I get a "Rigpa Glimpse of the Day" and Here is an interesting quote.

We are what we think.

All that we are arises with our thoughts.
With our thoughts we make the world.

Speak or act with an impure mind
And sorrow will follow you As the wheel
follows the ox that draws the cart.
Speak or act with a pure mind
And happiness will follow you As your
shadow, unshakeable.
THE BUDDHA

I will leave you now with a stunning view from our hotel. If I am correct I believe we will be riding our bikes up this.
But Ciao for now,
Andrew McCartney

No comments: