8 November 2008

November Rain



Had a fantastic ride yesterday with A-Russ in a good old Victoria down pour. On the cross bikes we went where ever there was mud. My confidence built as we rolled along till we were getting mad air on the cross bikes. Feeling a bit sore now but good sore.

I am now swimming most days but keeping a cap on my distance to 3kms a day. I am riding lots. I don’t feel I have lost much on the bike. I feel strong. I would say my endurance is lacking. I went for a wonderful ride yesterday on a sunny but super super windy day. Dallas Road was nuts. I was either standing still or at a complete lean. The wind surfers were out and leaves were flying across my path. It felt like a long long climb. As for my running. I am playing it super safe there. Building back slowly as it is here that I would feel any pain. So far so good. No pain. Maybe a lack of range of motion, but no pain. I am up to 20min of running 2min run 30sec walk. For now, my lungs can not keep up with my legs. It is a fantastic feeling. I have the biggest smile across my face. I can't wait to run out in this rain.

"
Two Prime ministers are sitting in a room discussing affairs of state. Suddenly a man burst in, apoplectic with fury, shouting and stamping and banging his fist on the desk. The resident prime minister admonishes him: “Peter”, he says, Kindly remember Rule Number 6,” whereupon Peter is instantly restored to complete calm, apologizes, and withdraws. The politicians return to their conversation, only to be interrupted yet again twenty minutes later by an hysterical woman gesticulating wildly, her hair flying. Again the intruder is greeted with the words: “Marie, please remember Rule Number 6.” Complete calm descends once more, and she too withdraws with a bow and an apology. When the scene is repeated for a third time, the visiting prime minister addresses his colleague; “My dear friend, I’ve seen any things in my life, but never anything as remarkable as this. Would you be willing to share with me the secret Rule Number 6?” “Very simple,” replies the resident prime minister. “Rule Number 6 is ‘Don’t take yourself so goddamn seriously.’” “Ah,” says his visitor, “that is a fine rule.” After a moment of pondering, he inquires, “And what, may I ask are the other rules?”

“There aren’t any.”

"
I found this story in Dr. Wayne Dyre's book, "The Power of Intention." It immediately caught my attention to be a good little reminder for Sports-Psych. "Rule # 6" Train for pure joy of Training and stop taking yourself so Goddamn serious!(Which doesn't mean don't put everything into it) Training is pretty simple stuff. Joels squad had an acronim before JFT. Sensored it is "Just Bloody Train" So I feel this is along that line.

But that is all for now,

Enjoy the weather,

Ciao for now,

Andrew

----------------
Now playing: Guns N' Roses - November Rain

No comments: