21 December 2006

Chocolate Bread Batons

First of all Happy Solstice everybody!

I have just finished my first venture into "The Art of Bread Making." I made Chocolate Bread Batons which consist of a tender loaf with just the right amount of dark chocolate throughout it. This would be perfect with the amazing Cappuccino Simon made for Scotty and I this morning. Look for it in ten years on the menu of Victoria's newest and greatest coffee shop.

Meanwhile back to triathlon talk. With the Vikes taking a short break as most head home for a Christmas Break, I continue with just getting the mileage in. Not too much hard stuff this week. As for swimming, the highlight was a tough break point set on tuesday. Here are the details:

Main set:

Round 1)
10x50m - For this I was holding sub 31sec/50m with sub 27 strokes working on that efficiency
Round 2)
2X50m - 30sec/50m, 27 strokes
3X100m - 1.04sec average/100m with an average of 29 strokes/50
2X50m -30sec/50m, 26 strokes
Round 3)
2X50m - 30sec/50m, 27 strokes
3X100m - 1.04sec average/100m with an average of 29 strokes/50
2X50m - 30sec/50m, 26 strokes
-same as round 2 only I had to Even or Negative Split it


I love that workout! This set was my eye opener because It made me realize that ya, I can hold a low stroke rate and still have relatively fast times. Thanks Neil and Craig for the challenges. Question is, when are we doing the infamous "12 Days of Christmas?"

I would like to send a thankyou out to Mizuno for two years of amazing support. The New Winter collection is made up of really soft, comfortable fabrics and stylish lines and colours.

But I am off for the evening.
ciao for now,
Andrew McCartney

Todays Top 5

Top 5 Soundtracks:

  1. Lost in Translation
  2. The Life Aquatic
  3. Saturday Night Fever
  4. Amelie
  5. O Brother, Where Art Thou?


No comments: